Membership, Meetings, Competitions, Newsletters
To quickly join the Los Gatos - Saratoga Camera Club please follow the two steps below. We do encourage you to attend a meeting in person in advance to ensure that the club meets your expectations:
Step 1 - Submit a request to join the club by clicking here to create an account.
Step 2 - Log into your new account.
Step 3- Click here to pay $50 for your first year membership dues via PayPal or credit card. You can also pay the Treasurer or Membership team by cash or check at any meeting.
Once your membership is processed you will be contacted by a representative of the Membership team who will answer any questions you may have and will provide further information on our club.
A brief overview of our club is provided below, but we will go through the information in detail with you once we process your application. You can also peruse our website.
What we offer:
- Two meetings a month. On the first Monday of the month we have competition night where photos are anonymously evaluated by an independent judge and they decide on the winning images. On the third Monday of the month, we offer what we call a Program night, where an expert in some aspect of photography lectures on their area of expertise. Both these meetings are typically 1.5 to 2 hours in duration.
- Where/When - Our Meetings are at Congregation Shir Hadash, 20 Cherry Blossom Ln, Los Gatos, CA 95032, normally on the first and third Mondays of the month always starting at 7:30 PM. Click here for a map. Click here for the exact location of the meeting room and please check our calendar for the most up-to-date meeting information as occasionally place and times change.
- Cost - $50 a year. Your membership will expire in one year on the first of the subsequent month. For example, if you joined July 15, 2019 your membership will expire August 1, 2020.
- Field trips and other events where we can find opportunities to improve our photography and enjoy the company of others who share our interest. For example, we’ve had field trips to Big Sur, Mono Lake, Bay Photo, UC Santa Cruz Arboretum, and workshops on Lightroom, Photoshop, HDR processing, and panoramic photography.
- Mentorship - in order to quickly come up to speed on our website and the rules regarding participation and competition, we offer a 1:1 mentorship. A mentor will be assigned to you and will cover this information.
- Volunteerism - The club is run entirely by volunteers and members are are expected to take an active part.
- For further information Please contact Jim Katzman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Larry Rosier at email@example.com or come to any meeting. Guests are always welcome!
For more information: Click here to get oriented quickly and start enjoying your club membership.
Members can compete using two media: Digital
projected images and Prints
. Each competition includes Color
, and one or more challenge categories (Photo-Journalism
). Refer to the club Calendar
for the categories included in each competition.
Members can enter a total of four (4) images into a monthly competition with a maximum of two (2) images in any one category and a maximum of two (2) images in any one medium. Absent members can have their entries submitted by another member on their behalf. Any image may be resubmitted ONE time, provided it did not place in competition the first time submitted.
Consistent with that Ethics Statement of the Photographic Society of America, all images submitted for competition in both print and projected image format and in all competition divisions shall originate as photographs by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally.
By virtue of submitting an entry, the photographer certifies the work as his/her own. No clip art, digital art, or photographs other than those made by the entrant may be used in whole or in part in any portion of the image. Images may only be manipulated as noted in individual category definitions. When graphic elements other than photographs created by the entrant are used in an image, photographic content must still predominate.
We have only one competition level for all Digital Projected images and Print Images: Advanced (A) .
Qualified persons are selected to judge our competitions. We value their opinion and appreciate their consideration in judging for us. There should be no talking or making comments during the competition unless specifically requested by the judge. Please refer to How to be a great audience member for further information.
During competition, all images will be shown with the title announced. Member's names are not announced until the final winners are shown.
LGSCC Competition Entry Information
Click here for Printed Image Competition Entry Information.
Click here for Digital Image Competition Entry Information.
Click here for Monthly LGSCC Competition Results!
The Los Gatos - Saratoga Camera Club Newsletter
is published 12 times a year and can be downloaded in PDF format. Members are encouraged to submit or suggest items and articles of photographic interest Members are encouraged to submit or suggest items and articles of photographic interest for inclusion to the Newsletter Editor shown on the Contacts
Create an Account
Do not have a Login Name? Use the button below to create an account
and request access to this website.
If you already have a Visual Pursuits account for any other organization,
login with your account and use the menu "My Account", "Organizations" to request
membership in this organization.
That page will also provide links to other organizations.
During the account creation process you can indicate if you want to request
membership in this organization.
Judges must have an account, but do not need to be a member.